Commercial Vehicle Insurance is a type of auto insurance that provides financial protection for commercial vehicles, such as trucks, buses, and delivery vans, used for business purposes. It covers damages to the vehicle, as well as liability for injuries to third parties and damage to their property.
The insurance also covers losses incurred as a result of theft or fire. It is mandatory for businesses operating commercial vehicles to have this insurance in place to ensure protection against financial losses and legal liabilities.
Validity of a Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy
All commercial vehicle insurance policies come with a validity of one year only. You are supposed to renew your policy before completion of this tenure for continuing the coverage. Moreover, not renewing your vehicle insurance before the expiry date can land you in financial and legal troubles.
If you do not know the validity of your commercial vehicle insurance policy or want to know the status of your vehicle insurance policy online, you can do any of the below-mentioned steps.
Easy Ways to Check Vehicle Insurance Status Online
To check the status of commercial vehicle insurance online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the website of the insurance company that issued the policy.
- Look for a “Policy Status” or “Check Policy Status” option on the website.
- Enter the policy number and personal information to verify your identity.
- The website should display the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
Note: The exact steps may vary depending on the insurance company you have purchased the policy from. If you face any difficulty, you can reach out to the insurance company for assistance.
Methods to Check Commercial Vehicle Insurance Expiry Date
Apart from the Parivahan Sewa website, there are some other ways as well for checking the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy online. Here are the steps for the same:
- Check the soft copy or hard copy documents of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Call the customer support number of your insurance provider and ask about the expiry date of your commercial vehicle insurance.
- If you have purchased the motor insurance from an agent of the insurance company, you can ask him/her about the expiry date of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Visit the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) of India and check the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- You can check the status of your Commercial Vehicle insurance policy online on the Parivahan Sewa website.
- You can check the same by visiting the website of Regional Transport Office.
- Alternatively, if you are a Policybazaar customer, you can also check your policy expiry date and other details from your account dashboard on Policybazaar.com. You can also download a duplicate copy of commercial vehicle insurance policy from your dashboard.